Sunday, December 12, 2010

today


Today I woke up at 9- absolutely amazing with my SweetPea around...she's usually trying to wake me up by 7- 730 on a really good day!  Lol!  And since I woke up it's been a lazy day with a couple of mini naps involved. We did make 2 minute fudge for SweetPea's teacher. So easy and perfect for her to make. We melted a 12 oz bag of mini chocolate chips and a can of chocolate frosting and mixed in chopped cashews and mini marshmallows. YUM!!  She's so excited!

I made our menu for next week. As far as I know there's OT at work next week everyday so I tried to keep it simple.

Sunday: homemade chicken pockets (from www.kevinandamanda.com) and salad
              *update- I loved these, SweetPea- ehh. I think i could change it up a bit and she'll love 'em. I'm thinking some salsa might give it a bit more zing (i added black olives and one scallion- not enough).
Monday: Individual  Taco Pizzas (www.5dollardinners.com) and spanish rice

Tuesday: Taco salad (made with the leftover meat mix from Monday)
Wednesday: Stirfry mix that's in the freezer
Thursday: Tomato soup with grilled cheese (per SweetPea's request)
Friday: homemade chicken flavored rice (like Rice-a Roni) with smoked sausage and a vege
Saturday: scrounge


I've been trying to clear out the freezer because next saturday we pick up our box from Angel Food Ministries. Huge amount of food for not a huge amount of $$. Last's us all month.


Guess I should get laundry started and take a shower...see, I told you it's a totally lazy day!

Have a great week!



~Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment